Monday, February 15, 2016

Cucarachas

Feb, 15, 2016 
Cucarachas!!
¡Hola Mamacita!
This week has been really great! It's getting so warm outside that I don't even need to wear sweaters anymore! It's been really nice. My interview with President went really well. We basically just talked about preparing for the next ordinance I will perform and my future career. Woohoo! I'm really excited because he says he's going to hug me at the airport! :P I know it's silly, but I'm excited for that hug. I'm planning on going to the temple next Tuesday and also hopefully going to chick fil a this week to get my free thing! Do you know what the mystery offer for the month is? Since my time is getting shorter, I'm starting to tell people that I'm leaving, it's a bit sad, but well it's life. All of us Hermanas had dinner at a English couple's home the other day. They truly are one of the most inspiring people I've met, Chelsey and Xander Marshall. Xander's a strong convert of about 7 months and Chelsey is a recently returned missionary. They said they are getting sealed in the Provo City temple on July 9th and they've invited Hna Clark and I to go! I am so excited! 
We still haven't been able to find any solid investigators yet, but that doesn't mean that they aren't out there, we just got to keep looking! 
So funny story, today we were at Walmart and a creepy guy came up to us and asked, "Are you models?" Well, sometimes Walmart is loud and I didn't hear him right. I thought he asked, "are you Mormons?" To which I smiled brightly and confidently said, "Yes! Yes, we are!" 
Haha oops, my bad! He started talking to us and I had to explain to him that we were Mormon missionaries for the church. He didn't really get it.
I love it when people recognize who we are; that we are different, that we are representatives of the Lord Jesus Christ! We are witnesses of Him and we will continue to stand strong even when people don't believe us or try to belittle. I love being a missionary because in every opportunity we can bring up the gospel and how it has blessed our lives and how it can bless others as well. I love this gospel! It just brings so much joy and peace to my heart!

Para Siempre Dios esté con Vos

Con Amor,

Hermana Twitchell

PS so I have to email one of the office missionaries whether you've paid the iPad fee and if I'm keeping it or not. I'd like to keep it, but if you don't want me to that's okay.







Hermana Ivarra's dog, Coco, had puppies! When I first got to this area, Coco was just a puppy! 


 Valentine's Day we had an amazing stake conference! Afterwards our members gave us Little Ceasars pizza (haha that they bought the day before) and gave us a bunch of chocolate! Speaking of which, thank you so much for the Valentine package! It was perfect!

In order: Elder Hoskin, Elder Radmall, Hermanas Clark, Thomson, Niemann, Vergaray, and ME


We found the elote cart guy! (Aka the corn guy) there are quite a few of them around here, but this time I felt like I needed to get some corn! Yum!





Cockroach extermination preparation for this week: we pulled all of our stuff out, away from the floorboards, and under sheets and blankets. And if you were wondering what our apartment looks like :P

No comments:

Post a Comment