Monday, January 25, 2016

Baptism of Alejandra

January 25, 2016

Hola Mamacita!

Thank you so much for helping me with BYU! You are the best! Last week Hna Clark and I kind of planned out what we want to sign up for with our classes, so hopefully we'll be able to get on next week, register, and call it good. Today Hna Clark was trying to sign up for housing. Oh no! I think foreign housing would be fun! I don't know much about it at all, but anything probably is good. I'm not too picky. I have no idea who I want to live with... so I guess it doesn't matter...? I'm not sure about March and April, I think I would be okay to stay home. I'm just not sure if I will be able to find a job or anything in those months, so I would either be lounging around at home or in Provo. I'm not sure that Provo would be better... Also I think it would be hard living so far away next to ShopKo. I don't know, maybe it's not that bad. I had to do "My Plan" today during Personal study and it made me sign up for an institute class as soon as I get home. :P That should be interesting, haha I'm pretty sure it's in the Davis High school seminary building where I went there for seminary.
That's so cool that you got to see Hermana Burke! I wrote her a letter and told her to give you a hug from me. she remembered! I miss her so much! I'll have to give her a big hug. Yikes, though, that snow storm! How am I supposed to drive in that kind of stuff!? I haven't seen snow in 2 years! California really has been spoiling me.
At the beginning of this week, we had a sad break up. We had to drop two of our investigators, Jeronimo and Faustina, who we thought were progressing, but it was a lie! Haha no they just don't have a very solid religious background, so we've been working with them to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ and strengthen their faith unto repentance. They read what we told them to read in the Book of Mormon and they were starting to pray, but we talked about the restoration again and they weren't willing to pray and find out if Joseph smith was a prophet. Aw man! There wasn't really anything more we could do.
In the middle of the week, we had the world wide missionary broadcast. It was awesome! All I want to do now is teach repentance and baptize converts! One of the general authorities said that we should always have Jesus Christ's name on our lips. Everything we do really all comes down to him.
On Saturday, we did service for a woman who is a hoarder. We were working in her garage for 3 hours straight and I thought I was going to die! The whole garage was just filled with rat poop and we found a freshly dead rat, too! I felt like I was on one of those hoarder shows, except I didn't have a mask to protect my breathing. :P Haha It was still a lot of fun though and the woman was really nice.
Later that day, we had the baptism!!! It was amazing! Alejandra was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen! (besides all my nieces and Francis and Odalis, of course!) She had so much excitement in her eyes, it was contagious! It was a wonderful baptism and I would be happy if it were my last one, but we're working hard to find others that will be baptized February 20th! We haven't found anyone yet, but we are still looking! Miracles happen! Especially when we are doing the work of the Lord!

Para Siempre Dios este con Vos
Con Amor,

Hermana Twitchell    

 
 So this is a picture of all the rain we've been getting. Haha just
kidding! We did actually get a lot of rain this week, but today it is
so nice that I took off my sweater and I am wearing a short sleeve.
¡Hola California sun!


This was Alejandra's baptism!!! Isn't she so darling!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment